Sunday, November 16, 2008

Contributors

I received an email a week or so ago from someone wanting to contribute to this blog, and I've added him as an author.  I'll leave it up to him to introduce himself when he sees fit.

I am going to be studying abroad during the college series next spring, and because of that, the frequency of my posts will probably decrease and the relevance of them lessened by virtue of being away from college ultimate in the U.S. for a time, so it seems prudent that there are others who can add content to this bog.  I'm also not going to act as a moderator in what he posts (though I might express disagreements in a post of my own).  I'm only one voice in the ultimate world, and I don't necessarily want this blog to espouse only one opinion.  What I do want this blog to be is a place where people who come from "bagel-fodder" teams or have something to say about smaller, developing programs can write about what they think.  I don't think there's necessarily a need for consensus in those opinions, if only because it makes for interesting reading, and at best because it stirs up dialogue about complicated issues.  Additionally, because I'm a woman player from the Central region, my posts are biased towards that region and division, so a contributer from the men's side is also nice for variety.
So, from now on look to see who that author of the post is (I'll continue to post under Bagel Fodder Ultimate), and if anyone else would like to contribute, and by contribute I mean be willing to submit some well-thought out and hopefully well-written posts to this blog, send me an email at bfultimate@gmail.com.

2 comments:

Simon Talbot said...

About time I commented and expressed my fan-dom of this blog. Outside the US we hear all about the Wisconsins and the Floridas, but very little of the majority of teams that don't make Nationals.

From personal experience it would be safe to assume the depth of talent in the States is far greater than here in Australia. I played with a guy from Wisconsin Eau Claire last year. He said he was a not-quite-starter for a mid-Regionals team at home, but I thought he would have been able to walk on to any team here.

Looking forward to hearing more tales from the everyday people of US college ultimate. Where are you studying next year?

Bagel Fodder Ultimate said...

Thanks for reading.

1. I'm studying abroad in Germany next year
2. I know people who've played ultimate in Australia, and while they didn't have anything to say about a difference in quality, the one thing they did say was that Australians didn't seem to layout as much as they did. Just an anecdote, I guess. I'll be curious to see how the ultimate compares in Germany to America.